Failed to find target android-18… D’oh!

Miquel Millan's blog

One of the first problems I’ve found on my Android adventure is to configure the environment. Although there are lots of tutorials and IDEs to do it for me, I’ve decided to start building my « toys » with the newest building tool, Gradle (http://www.gradle.org).

The first impressions with gradle were good, however once I started to configure the project as Android application, a strange issue started to appear in my console, an error telling me that the compiler failed to find the target android:

This started to happen once I introduced the android plugin in the gradle config file:

So, after googling a bit, I discovered that the problem was that I wasn’t pointing to the sdk version I had installed, so I opened /adt/sdk/tools/android:

android_sdk_manager

And, change the buildToolsVersion with the installed version:

Once I did this everything started to work fine. Easy, simple and… obvious, d’oh!

View original post

Publicités
Par défaut